Reports of a new Spider-Man trilogy, post No Way Home, have excited fans looking to see more from Tom Holland in the role. Producer, Amy Pascal revealed that plans for a brand new trilogy were in the works with Sony and Marvel combining to bring us more Spidey content.
Now, Tom Holland himself has weighed in on the news.
Speaking on the French talk show Quotidien, Holland responded to the reports saying:
“Listen, all I’ll say is we have some very, very exciting things to be talking about. I don’t know what those things are or what they will transpire to be, but it looks like it’s an incredibly bright future ahead. And, as I’ve said before, Spider-Man will forever live in me.”
— Quotidien (@Qofficiel) November 29, 2021
The news has sparked speculation over the situation as Sony insiders have claimed the studio currently has “no official plans” for another Spider-Man trilogy.
Holland himself has also previously said that No Way Home would mark the “end of the franchise” in a way.
“I think if we were lucky enough to dive into these characters again, you’d be seeing a very different version,” said Holland.
“It would no longer be the Homecoming trilogy. We would give it some time and try to build something different and tonally change the films. Whether that happens or not, I don’t know. But we were definitely treating [No Way Home] like it was coming to an end, and it felt like it.”
Only time will tell what lies in store for the franchise, but the speculation adds even more hype to the release of No Way Home, which hits theatres on December 15th in the UK and December 17th elsewhere.